Thursday 11 June 2015

Two Birthdays

Today I am celebrating 2 birthdays.

The first is the 16th birthday of my wonderful, wacky daughter Emma and the second is the birth of this blog.

16 years ago I gave birth to my first child after 24 hours in labour. I can remember the instantaneous rush of love when I saw her and my love for her has increased every day. I am so proud of the young lady she has become. She is independently minded and does not follow the crowd, trying to keep up with her conversations can be impossible as she goes off at tangents at completely random points, she is a lot more self confident and assured than I was at her age and she always wants to make friends. She wants a cat that she is going to call ‘Pig’ and it has to woof and she is determined to find a dragon.


So I would like to wish my somewhat random, zany, mad, often hyper, diverse, unique, wonderful, awesome, loving, caring, amazing and beautiful daughter EMMA a very HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY.



The second birthday is this blog. I hope to share my life as I begin to regain some independence and freedom now that Emma and my gorgeous son Matthew (who is 9 ½) are getting older and they don’t need me as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment