Sunday 13 December 2015

The Trees are up.

I love putting the trees up as both of the trees we put up are special to me in different ways. The decorations in the back room are classic colours and were chosen so that no matter what the colours of the room they would match. Also the room can be very dark so the lighter colours also help.



The tree and decorations in the front room are my favourites because they have been chosen or made by the kids over the years or are from my first tree. I also have a collection of Disney discs which are dated. I was gutted when they decided not to do them this year.




I don't do real trees because I do not like the smell of them. I rush past the tree at work holding my breath and I certainly do not do pine scented disinfectant.

Joining the craft club at the WI also gave me the ability to do and complete some Christmas crafts. The two trees I took into work to brighten up the office. I did post the boot on Instagram but not the completed wreath. I also made 3 others for my Mum and sisters. This has been the first year I have actually made things instead of just thinking about making something.



 I love looking at other people's decorations and I do suffer from decoration envy. I would love the house to be covered in garlands and lights and poinsettias but part of me would get rather irritated with the amount of things out especially once Christmas was over.

I hope you are all having fun and preparations are going well.

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment